Project

General

JeeNode Zero

Added by michalm 26 days ago

Just curious, why not STM32L062K8T6 instead of STM32L052K8T6 ?
Seams cheaper (on parts.io) and with AES accelerator.

Replies (7)

RE: JeeNode Zero - Added by jcw 26 days ago

Hey, sure - if it's available and the price is right, I'll definitely consider it.
When I looked while working on the prototypes, the L062 wasn't available.

RE: JeeNode Zero - Added by mvdswaluw 22 days ago

I hope there is a pad for ufl or SMA connector on the bottom side...

RE: JeeNode Zero - Added by lmamakos 22 days ago

I'd be interested in JeeNode Zero with 900MHz radios. Will you have variations available, or perhaps modules without radios installed so that choice can be made the by the end-user?

RE: JeeNode Zero - Added by martynj 22 days ago

The Rev3 batch has RFM69CW radio modules - it is intended that later batches will have at least a NoRF variant for adding your own variant and possibly some populated with 433 Mhz and/or 915 MHz depending on the demand. For bench work, the 868 MHz module runs fine at 915 MHz (with the approriate antenna length there is ~ 2 - 3 dB reduction in transmit strength - fine for close and mid range working)

RE: JeeNode Zero - Added by jcw 21 days ago

mvdswaluw wrote:

I hope there is a pad for ufl or SMA connector on the bottom side...

Not yet, but that's definitely worth looking into - especially since the RFM69's higher sensitivity means we could gain a lot from a lower noise floor. I have zero experience w.r.t. external antennas (does a 83mm wire count?) - will explore what is possible and commonly done. Is a UFL connector good enough? It's probably smaller, and board space is at a premium - especially if we want to support a coin cell at the same time.

RE: JeeNode Zero - Added by jcw 21 days ago

FWIW, I've created a wiki page for the JeeNode Zero, to collect information about the current rev3 board and for pointing to other relevant pages.

Question about RF69 communication - Added by Rolf 9 days ago

Waiting for the delivery of the first Jeenode Zero I am getting familiar with RF69 communication. The adress width is now 6 bits, bits 6 and 7 reserved for flags, the purpose still to be defined, as I understood. The first byte of the receiver buffer holds the address of the destination node, everything clear so far. But bit 7 is set (example: destination adress 0x1e, buffer[0] : 0x9e). Looking into the code I see that this bit was set by some "parity" byte, the meaning of which I cannot easily decipher from the code. What is its meaning and purpose?

Background of the question: I would like to use the two flags somehow similar as with rf12 and Jeelib, for request of ACK by example. Perhaps this is already done and documented somewhere?

(1-7/7)