Project

General

JNZ Circuit

Added by ulli about 2 months ago

Hello,

I am also thinking to replace my Atmegas with the STM32 controller.
I reviewed your circuit (http://jeelabs.net/attachments/download/2532/pnz-rev3.pdf) and have a few questions:
* what kind of diode do you use for the reset
* why did you change the 5V C2 capacitor from 1uF to 4.7uF and the 3.3V C1 capacitor from 10uF to 22uF?
are this all ceramic capacitors?
* Where did you get the stm32l0 controller from....I couldn´t find it for a regular price.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Replies (5)

RE: JNZ Circuit - Added by jcw about 2 months ago

• the diode is a Schottky diode, I used a RB751V40T1G, but just about any type should do
  • oh, no special reason, I think I just happened to have that laying around - 1.0µF is enough
  • the output cap helps with brief RX/TX surges when running off a coin cell, I'll probably be increased even further
  • yes, all all ceramic caps
  • I buy most components for production use from DigiKey in the US

RE: JNZ Circuit - Added by ulli about 2 months ago

• the output cap helps with brief RX/TX surges when running off a coin cell, I'll probably be increased even further --> you mean the 22uF, right?

yes

RE: JNZ Circuit - Added by ulli about 2 months ago

One additional questions ;)
Why you are using a TPS78233 as voltage regulator instead of the MCP1703 which would make the node more flexible? Up to 16v...
OK it has a lower Quiescent Current but in case of battery applications I would remove the voltage regulator anyway...

Btw, I am looking forward to your next JNZ web blog!!

I'd like to be able to use the JNZ with LiPo batteries, and maybe some other unregulated harvesting sources.

(1-5/5)