Project

General

Wireless Door sensor

Added by jeroenb about 1 year ago

Hi,
Anyone experiences with low cost wireless doorsensors? I have several jeenodes all sending packets to each other and I like to extend this with some door sensors.

regards,

Jeroenb

Replies (5)

RE: Wireless Door sensor - Added by jcw about 1 year ago

+1 - me too :)

RE: Wireless Door sensor - Added by jeroenb 12 months ago

Just received a wireless doorsensor based on the EV-1527 chip and it works (+/-)
When the magnet is removed from the sensor there are messages, but bringing back the maget tot the sensor the sensor is quiet.
So it is possible to detect a door- closed > door-open situation but not possible to detect a door-open > door-closed situation.
So waiting for the other sensors to arrive.
"Hot Sale New White 433 Mhz Sensors & Alarms Contact Wireless Door Window Magnet Entry Detector Sensor" Euro 2,40

ev1527.jpg - Ev 1527 (3.95 KB)

RE: Wireless Door sensor - Added by JohnO 12 months ago

I built a magnetic sensor using http://sensing.honeywell.com/SL353LT-Hall-Effect-Sensors

It interrupts with each click of my gas meter and the batteries are currently in their fourth year. I am using three AAA Eneloop without a regulator into a ATTiny84.

RE: Wireless Door sensor - Added by jeroenb 12 months ago

JohnO,
For a doorsensor the WAF (Wife Approval Factor) is very important, and my home-brew solutions did not pass WAF, so that is the most important reason to use a standard small sensor. (and the sensor I described is 3,5 by 7 cm this size is currently in discussion but until now dis-approved.)
but with some chocolate and flowers, how knows ;-)
regards JeroenB

RE: Wireless Door sensor - Added by JohnO 12 months ago

I am acutely aware of WAF and have invested much energy is achieving it. Chocolate and flower may have a short term effect but don't stand the test of time.

(1-5/5)