Project

General

Separate forum for JeeNode Zero (i.e. ARM) and Forth?

Added by jcw 2 months ago

As the title says - do we want a separate forum area for the JNZ? Or even two or three?
If you have an opinion on this, please clarify...

Replies (4)

RE: Separate forum for JeeNode Zero (i.e. ARM) and Forth? - Added by linuxpeppe 2 months ago

It would be nice to have a separate forum area. Maybe one it's enough. I find Jnz + Forth combination very interesting.

RE: Separate forum for JeeNode Zero (i.e. ARM) and Forth? - Added by Dillon1337 about 2 months ago

Yeah, I think one separate area would be enough. This JNZ/forth topic is a large enough departure from the other topics that I think it's worth being separate.

RE: Separate forum for JeeNode Zero (i.e. ARM) and Forth? - Added by jcw about 2 months ago

The dilemma I'm trying to figure out is how to make the split: JNZ + Forth separate?
This could be confusing as there are also C setups using the JeeNode Zero.
And who knows, someone might want to bring an Arduino IDE (ARM) setup to the JNZ.

Separate forums make it easier to "unwatch" all related discussions, but can also make it hard to find things back.

One way forward would be to add just "Forth" as a new area, i.e. only stuff mentioning or directly related to Forth.
Another option would be to leave things as is, and revisit if/when the level of forum activity becomes a concern.

It'd be nice to hear more considerations and arguments, from more people...

RE: Separate forum for JeeNode Zero (i.e. ARM) and Forth? - Added by Rolf about 2 months ago

My opinion: Leave it as it is for the time being. Many interresting new subjects, like ARM, forth, Jeenode-Zero, RFM69 on different platforms, have already created a lot of new branches in the Wiki. Keep the forum simple. Secondly: Things are related, and as long as Jeenode-Zero is in development stage it may be fruitful to have contributions from different sides. And the activity on the forum is still overseable.

(1-4/4)