Project

General

Installation procedure and simulation.

Replies (2)

RE: Installation procedure and simulation. - Added by lightbulb about 3 years ago

@esa,

I’m afraid I cannot help in detail right now, as I am busy myself for the next 48hrs. Some of the other forum members may be able to provide this help faster than I.

However, I had ‘almost’ finished a number of tutorials covering both a Binary only installation, and a source code compile installation before I started this weekends busy schedule.
(I will try to finish/publish these Tonight or Monday) , so you could wait for those…

You WILL need jeebus (or specifically its web folders that are re-used by Housemon) if you go for a basic install.

The default ‘graphical’ environment is probably not what you are expecting - be warned - its currently a work in progress.
If I remember, it simply displays reading (sensor) data in a tabular form, however the
importance is the concept of the technical plumbing and how it can be built upon and extended. Its early days for that too!.

Don’t be disillusioned about graphics however, as the graphical ‘sugar’ is not far away - I will be publishing some Home Automation GUI components in the next week or
so, and I am sure others may also publish their own work.

As for RS485, sure, you can integrate a RS485 driver with anything so long as you are careful about what ‘TTL logic level’ you are interfacing it with. For instance I think RS485 is +/- 7/12v so you would
not interface directly with a Raspberry PI or a Jeenode etc without some hardware arbitration between. You would need to write your own Housemon driver/decoder(s) I would imagine.

—lightbulb

RE: Installation procedure and simulation. - Added by lightbulb about 3 years ago

@esa,

If your interested in a binary only install, you could look at this: http://jeelabs.net/boards/9/topics/4607

—lightbulb

(1-2/2)