Project

General

Housemon Windows Build

Added by lightbulb about 3 years ago

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I will be adding a windows build of HouseMon 0.9.0 either later tonight, or tomorrow morning. I’ll also be adding some more tutorial posts and build posts to my blog at the same time.

I’ll also update the jeelabs wiki with relevant bits.

I don’t use windows myself, but I’m sure there are those that do….

Basically the build is identical to vanilla 0.9.0, but works for M\$ also (same build). Only quickly checked on Win7/64 and Win8.1/64 - I dont have win/32 systems anymore to test against :(.

—lightbulb

Replies (6)

RE: Housemon Windows Build - Added by lightbulb about 3 years ago

For anyone interested - windows binary build - see my recent post

http://aka-lightbulb.com/

I’m afraid the good weather has rather curtailed my keyboard activity…. hope to get some more tutorials up by tomorrow, family allowing ;)

—lightbulb

RE: Housemon Windows Build - Added by martynj about 3 years ago

@lightbulb,

The curse of the sunny day…  Time for gasoline fumes from the mower and related activities    ;-)

RE: Housemon Windows Build - Added by JohnO about 3 years ago

I may take a look at your Windows build - do a need a JeeLink connected into the PC or can it work over an ssh session to a JeeLink on my RaspPi?

martynj wrote:
> @lightbulb,
>
> The curse of the sunny day…  Time for gasoline fumes from the mower and related activities    ;)
Lets live on the edge
petrol on the barbie…….

:}

—lightbulb

JohnO wrote:
> I may take a look at your Windows build - do a need a JeeLink connected into the PC or can it work over an ssh session to a JeeLink on my RaspPi?

JohnO,

There are builds for Mac 32/64 , Linux 32/64/ARM (RPi/BBB), Windows 32/64 - so your all covered except for running it on a ZX81 or Amiga ;)

These builds are simply the jcw code, but ready built, with all default stuff (they dont deviate at all). The main difference is that now we have a basic Win32/64 build that works very much the same as the linux/mac builds. For your RPi, follow the linux install on my blog: http://aka-lightbulb.com/2014/04/28/housemon-0-9-x-on-linux-binary-installation/

My next builds will have a great deal more gadgets linked in (and hence diverge a little from the base code) and will be for my next set of tutorials, tut-14+. I’m up to tut-03 of 13, and have almost completed those (they cover std build). tut-14+ will expand on rf stuff, cover bespoke serial and branch onto proper automation, like switching relays, IR, kaku, etc.

Sun is still shinning here, and my little tiny85 ‘real flame’ paper lanterns need readying for the balmy evening ahead ;)

—lightbulb

All,

Oops..for those who attempted to download the windows stuff - i missed the .exe off the download url - appols. Posts corrected.

—lightbulb

(1-6/6)