Project

General

several little questions regarding JET

Added by arwed over 1 year ago

Hi,
I start using JET and the stuff around and I'm keen on getting more! I really like this project! Thanks, Jean-Claude (and potentially further distributors) so far and in advance!

Below I would like to summarize a few questions and hints / experiences.

I installed version 4.0-66 both, on a Ubuntu 14.04 and a RaspberryPi (an "old" one with pipaOS, which is a really good recommendation!) with success.

Regarding startup I had the problem that logging did not go into the given directory. I start with

/var/opt/jet-4.0/hub-linux-arm :8947 -logger /var/log/jet

but JET always creates a logger directory in the working directory. I could work around that by using a symbolic link. Is there still something wrong with my command line?

Then I realized that the command stdout forwarding with "2>&1" did not work as expected (actually nothing was written into out.log) and I found in http://www.fibel.org/linux/lfo-0.6.0/node111.html (german website) that using

/var/opt/jet-4.0/hub-linux-arm :8947 -logger /var/log/jet > /var/log/jet/out.log 2>&1

worked.

Currently I'm using a JeeNode that sends JSON data via serial line to JET and I see data being written into the log files and I also get messages via MQTT. Unfortunately I get everything twice; JET sends each message to the configured topic and once again to a subtopic with the UNIX timestamp. To this seems to be by intention, although I did not yet understand, how the subtopiced data can be retrieved later and why it's done twice.

arwed@r61:~$ mosquitto_sub -v -h raspi -t logger/#
logger/homeNodes {"Node":"HeatingStation",...}
logger/homeNodes/1456340915864 {"Node":"HeatingStation",...}

Jean-Claude, or anybody else, could you please explain this a bit?

Besides that I installed pimatic with mqtt plugin and let it receive specific data via MQTT for visualization (for now ...).

Thanks again for the work already done and looking forward nest steps!
Arwed

Replies (1)

RE: several little questions regarding JET - Added by jcw over 1 year ago

I can't say I have answers for the path/directory issues you're seeing, but yes, the hub is meant to be run in the directory it is located in. You'll be better off doing cd ... && ./hub ..., I expect. Would also suggest having a look at the hub's sources.

As for the MQTT topic choice: you can make the difference with "+" and "#", to get all, use ".../#", to get one or the other, use either "logger/+" or "logger/+/+".

(1-1/1)