Project

General

Resolved: DHT22 and BMP180 sensors support in JeeLib?

Added by sir66 over 4 years ago

Jeelib is excelent library. It contains classes for DHT11 and BMP085 sensors in Ports, but, it seems that DTH22 and BMP180 sensors not supported. As I understand, DTH22 and BMP180 are very similar to DHT11 and BMP085. Maybe someone has already made the required patches to support these two sensors?

Replies (5)

RE: DHT22 and BMP180 sensors support in JeeLib? - Added by AndreasZoeller over 4 years ago

You can check this thread : [[[http://jeelabs.net/boards/7/topics/3404?r=3424\#message-3424]]]

best regards

Andreas

RE: DHT22 and BMP180 sensors support in JeeLib? - Added by w2 over 4 years ago

i have a BMP180 connected to a jeenode
and used the SFE_BMP180 library from SparkFun

greetings ,

willy (aka w2)

RE: Resolved: DHT22 and BMP180 sensors support in JeeLib? - Added by mlcreech about 4 years ago

I’ve also been trying to get the BMP180 sensor to work with JeeNodes and I’m not understanding how this is issue is resolved. The first response with the thread link only talks about the DHT sensor. The second response claims to use the SFE_BMP180 library, but how can you run it for JeeNodes? It uses the Wire library for I2C communication. Wouldn’t you have to rewrite SFE_BMP180 so that it did all its I2C communication using Ports?

RE: Resolved: DHT22 and BMP180 sensors support in JeeLib? - Added by mlcreech about 4 years ago

After more reading and experimenting, I found that the wiring to the AtMega hardware I2C pins (the SDA and SCK pins that are part of the set of 8 pins right below the battery pins) did indeed allow the SFE_BMP180 to work. However, this doesn’t answer how to get the BMP180 to work with the regular JeeNode ports (1-4). I guess one approach would be to take the PortsBMP085 code and carefully modify it for the differences between the BMP085 & BMP180, but I don’t have the time or knowledge to make this an easy task.

RE: Resolved: DHT22 and BMP180 sensors support in JeeLib? - Added by michaelrommel almost 4 years ago

I checked both datasheets today and there are virtually no differences to the BMP085 for the basic functions. It even responds to the same address on the I2C bus and has the same timings. So I would guess that all you need to do is to hook up a Jeenode Port’s AIO line with the SCL pin on your module breakout pin, DIO with SDA on the module and 3.3V/GND as usual. The BMP085 example code in https://github.com/jcw/jeelib/tree/master/examples/Ports/bmp085demo should work exactly the same.

My modules are still on their way from China, so I can test my assumptions only in a few months.

Michael.

(1-5/5)