Project

General

Going forward, which MCU has Jeelabs settled on?

Added by NeverDie over 3 years ago

LPC810, LPC812, LPC824, or something else, or still undecided?

I’d like to get whatever MCU it is so I can follow along “hands on”, rather than just read along, with future Jeelabs posts. Which MCU should I get?

Replies (8)

RE: Going forward, which MCU has Jeelabs settled on? - Added by JohnO over 3 years ago

I think that LPC824 is a good general choice since it is generally a superset of the others with more flash, ram and an ADC.

RE: Going forward, which MCU has Jeelabs settled on? - Added by NeverDie over 3 years ago

OK, but what does jcw have to say? By all means express yourself, but since he’s running the show (or so I thought), in the end his answer is the only one that matters.

RE: Going forward, which MCU has Jeelabs settled on? - Added by JohnO over 3 years ago

As you say but jcw is having a holiday from all this foolishness at the moment. I am sure he will share his view on his return. I just didn’t want you to feel lonely.

RE: Going forward, which MCU has Jeelabs settled on? - Added by NeverDie over 3 years ago

Oh, when’s he due back?
Yes, it is rather quiet here, so thanks for the company.

May I suggest the Atmel SAM L21? It consumes 35uA/Mhz, while in active mode, which appears to be much lower than ARM from its current competitors. It’s deep sleep is 200nA, which I would guess is “good enough.”

Interesting difference in the emulated EEprom endurance versus flash endurance on the L21, similar discrepancies on the D21.

I was hoping that @martyn would come in and cast some light on it since eeprom and flash appear to use the same area of the chip and yet have different cycle lifetimes.

(1-8/8)