Project

General

new jeenode does not properly communicate with old one - freq issues

Added by jm_wsb over 5 years ago

Helo,

since 3 months, I cope with the problem that my old jeenode v3 does not receive all packages of a new jeendoe v6 on short distance, without obstacles.

I’ve read the good tread about “old” and “new” RFM12B radios (actually modules with “metal can” crystal and SMD one): http://jeelabs.net/boards/6/topics/1826?r=1864\#message-1864.

But for me it’s not clear how to tune the frequency (basted on the rf12 configurable internal capacity). (and I am sure I suffering from it)

I was hoping to see the exact frequency of the packages beiing send by the old nodes and the freq. of the packages of the new node with nrfmon. Then, just adjust the new node, so the frequency becomes the same.

But I can’t see the real frequency of the packages. When I put nRFMON in listen, I see packages coming in, but not the frequency.
How ca i get to the freq. of this packages. Now I only see the PER going to 1 when a package received, but how can I see the frequence ? (image attached)

Or is this just not possible. If not, what should I do then to easily calibrate the new jeenode freq ?

thanks in advance,
jeroen.

Replies (3)

RE: new jeenode does not properly communicate with old one - freq issues - Added by martynj over 5 years ago

@jeoren,

Try rRfMon in spectrum mode using a narrow scan (mentioned as #5 ‘secret’ control).

RE: new jeenode does not properly communicate with old one - freq issues - Added by jm_wsb over 5 years ago

Hi Martyn,

this works indeed. Thanks.

It still remains difficult to determine the correct freq of the transmitted messages. I see not so a clear peak as yourself in the dBm screen.

Thanks again.

RE: new jeenode does not properly communicate with old one - freq issues - Added by martynj over 5 years ago

@jeoren,

Good to get some progress, though I am puzzled by your comment about unclear peaks. Any screen shot available? Is the transmitter is sending a payload with plenty of one/zero transitions?

(1-3/3)