Project

General

resolved : problem when connecting a usb bub II on my laptop

Added by christrabin about 6 years ago

hi

i use on my windows home Sp3 the usb bub II . the drivers are installed with no problem. When i put the device, i have the message the rx led shine a litttle since 1 seconde. i translate it i’m french so it’s a shame translation. On my laptop, i haven’t another device on usb ports. i try with a usb hub with an independant power supply and i have the same popup.

i use some virtual usb device ide arduino, ide processing, simulator for arduino.

device usb not reconized
unknown device
device no used

i put the device with the same drivers in another computer and this no problem. i use the same usb wire.

what can i do for use the device on my laptop?

thanks

christopher

Replies (8)

RE: problem when connecting a usb bub II on my laptop - Added by JohnO about 6 years ago

Have you loaded the FTDI USB drivers?

RE: problem when connecting a usb bub II on my laptop - Added by christrabin about 6 years ago

hi

yes with no problem to install

thanks

c

RE: problem when connecting a usb bub II on my laptop - Added by christrabin about 6 years ago

i’ve install on a seven pc with no problem…xp go to dump

thanks

RE: problem when connecting a usb bub II on my laptop - Added by JohnO about 6 years ago

I’m not sure I follow your comment Christopher.

There may be specific FTDI drivers for XP.

What is a seven pc, what O/S is it running?

Does “xp go to dump” mean a blue screen? Is the XP installation stable in other respects or are we talking a XP PC resurrected from your scrap box?

Can you share the link to where you picked up the XP FTDI drivers?

i take the drivers http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

the is only one for windows and a friend try on his pc with the same drivers on xo and it’s ok…only on my laptop
by sevn, i mean a windows seven professional 32 bit

its a stable pc since 5 years working with no problem. by xp go to dump, i mean i was angry to spend time for nothing ;-(

thanks for help

So, you loaded your drivers from “CDM v2.10.00 WHQL Certified.zip” then?

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%20v2.10.00%20WHQL%20Certified.zip

(1-8/8)