Project

General

Porting EtherCard library to ENC424J600 / Parallel Interface

Added by ben almost 6 years ago

I’d like to do a streaming video application (using a Pixy / CMUcam5 / OpenMV like camera ), but curious about the maximum update rate possible between interfacing with SPI vs Parallel.

Any thoughts or pointers on what it would take to port the EtherCard library over to the parallel interface based ENC424J600*.

I understand the EtherCard library encapsulates the Microchip TCP/IP stack to easily do web-serving on a enc28j60 via a SPI master. To test with a ENC424J600 or similar, would you suggest the EtherCard library as a starting point or perhaps start from the original Microchip TCP/IP stack?

Thanks!
Ben

*http://www.mikroe.com/download/eng/documents/compilers/mikroc/pro/pic/help/spi\_ethernet\_24j600\_library.htm

Replies (1)

RE: Porting EtherCard library to ENC424J600 / Parallel Interface - Added by tochinet almost 6 years ago

Hi Ben,

First, did you look at the EtherCard code ? Before thinking of any port, maybe you should become a bit acquainted with it…
Second, what board are you using with the ENC424J600 ? The chip itself may be cheap, but I couldn’t find any interesting breakout board below the price of a Raspberry PI…

(1-1/1)