Project

General

Communicating between JeeNode and LEDNode

Added by Choroid almost 5 years ago

Hey all,

I’m interested in making a setup to control an LEDNode but I’m unable to change the color settings on it remotely. I have successfully gained control of the different colors of LEDs by accessing the different pins via a digitalWrite(). My next step from here is being able to change it on command and remotely. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for this?

Thanks, Owen.

Replies (2)

RE: Communicating between JeeNode and LEDNode - Added by Choroid almost 5 years ago

I am able to use the RF12demo sketch to send and receive from all of my JeeNodes back and forth. In total I have a JeeLink, a JeeNode, and an LEDNode. All can send and receive the test blips from the RF12demo or from the radioBlip sketches (I don’t believe my JeeLink would send as radioBlip - although I didn’t really investigate much). I’m still unsure about accessing the LEDNode mosfets outside of using digitalWrite(). The ledNode and rgbRemote sketches both do nothing for me.

Owen.

RE: Communicating between JeeNode and LEDNode - Added by Choroid almost 5 years ago

I’ve achieved control of the LED strip via wireless now, I believe I was incorrectly trying to communicate with it. I now know that I have to send a preset and then the address. For some reason I think I was trying to send whole color commands but now I understand the byte setup. For anyone else who might be wondering with the default sketch simply send a preset number (for reference we will use num) and then the address of the node (for reference we will use add) via serial through a node running the Rf12demo. So sending num,add will allow for you to send preset 1 to node 30. Then just verify that you are in the correct group and you should be good to go. Adding a preset works similarly, simply send num,red,green,blue,fade,nextramp,add.

(1-2/2)