Project

General

Resolved: JeeNode SMD v1 - uploading code fails with stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Added by rupi about 4 years ago

Hi,
I’m new to the whole microcontroler thing.. and don’ really know where I go wrong. I got my hands on 2 JeeNode SMD v1 with Room Boards and tried to follow this: http://jeelabs.org/2013/02/04/dijn-03-store-code-in-a-jeenode/ but I fail to upload any code to the JeeNodes. I’m using the Arduino IDE version 1.0.6 and any upload fails with avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding. I’ve set the board type to UNO and the programmer on ARVISP mkII (not meantioned anywhere online so left at the default).
This happens with a cheap usb ttl adapter and a buspirate (in uart mode) that I got my hands on. Both adapters do the connection just fine and I’ve no trouble to access the JeeNodes and the RF12demo app on them. I know the buspirate can be used as a programmer as well and avrdude 5.11 (that comes with the arduino ide) should be able to use it without having to reflash it as stk500. But honestly I don’t even know if I need to use it as a programmer - shouldn’t the boot loader on the jeenode be able to handle that with a ‘normal’ ftdi cable (or a buspirate as acting one).

Any help would be appreciated (like I said.. new to the whole microcontroller universe..).

ty

Replies (3)

RE: JeeNode SMD v1 - uploading code fails with stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding - Added by JohnO about 4 years ago

Could you try selecting Duemilanove instead of Uno, just a guess. It depends which boot-loader you have in your JeeNodes.

RE: JeeNode SMD v1 - uploading code fails with stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding - Added by rupi about 4 years ago

No.. that doesn’t work. And I don’t think its something along these lines (there should be an other error by avrdude). but thanks (was worth a try).

RE: JeeNode SMD v1 - uploading code fails with stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding - Added by rupi about 4 years ago

SOLVED: it seems the Reset line of my cheap usb ttl thingy is bugg0r3d. And I’m too clumsy to get the reset button -> upload cycle with the bus pirate right.
Works now with a proper FTDI adapter.

(1-3/3)