Project

General

Native RF69 driver 433 Mhz reception issues.

Added by rickyd almost 4 years ago

Hi,

I followed the recent series of articles about the new native RFM69 driver for ATmega’s with great interest.
So much so, that I decided to wire up a quick prototype using a RFM69HW tranceiver to talk to my existing Jeenode network based on RFM12B’s.

I updated the firmware on the old RFM12B Jeenodes to use the new RF12_COMPAT option and I am running the new native RFM69 driver on the new node.
To support he H-variant of the RFM69, I modified the native driver to enable the first power amplifier by adding this register setting:
// 0x11, 0x5F, // PA1 enable, Pout = max

So far so good. I am now able to send messages from a RFM69HW tranceiver to the RFM12B Jeenodes.
Unfortunately sending messages back from a RFM12B node to my RFM69HW one does not work. :(

Do you guys have any idea what could have gone wrong?

Maybe I should also mention that my RF modules are the 433 Mhz ones. I initialize the RF12 driver with the default frequency correction of 1600 steps, which should work out to
434 Mhz. The RF69 driver is initialized with ‘rf.init(63, RF_GROUP, 434)’ accordingly;
While poking around in the RF69 driver, I noticed that the ‘IRQ1_RXREADY’ gets se when I send something with the RFM12B module.
Then, the RSSI value is at 80-100 which works out to –50 to –40dB. However, the automatic frequency correction (AFC) is at ~120 steps which seems odd.

I’ve been banging my head against the wall for several days now, but I do not find a solution. :(
So any suggestion or comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for the great work!

Richard

Replies (2)

RE: Native RF69 driver 433 Mhz reception issues. - Added by JohnO almost 4 years ago

Have you tried setting the RFM12B with a selection of step values between 1585 to 1615 more probably 1595 to 1605?

RE: Native RF69 driver 433 Mhz reception issues. - Added by rickyd almost 4 years ago

Hey John,

thank you for the quick answer.
I checked the whole range of step values you suggested, but no luck as of yet. The RFM69HW is still not receiving anything from the RFM12B module.

Is there something else I can try?

Thanks!

(1-2/2)