Project

General

Beagle bone Black to JeeLink

Added by LittleJim over 3 years ago

I want to be able to plug my jeelink into a beagle bone USB port. Then I can continue to use the Serial command on the JeeLink. However, I can’t figure out how to get any response (in javascript, not python which I don’t know) on the Beaglebone side. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thx

Replies (9)

RE: Beagle bone Black to JeeLink - Added by JohnO over 3 years ago

Does the USB driver load? Take a look at “dmesg” to find the /dev/ttyUSB0 or similar then you could check access using “screen /dev/ttyUSB0 57600”.

```
john@raspi1-2 ~ \$ dmesg
[ 5.292538] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
[ 5.420118] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
[ 5.505096] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
[ 5.622612] usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
[ 5.701199] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
[ 5.759358] ftdi_sio 1-1.3:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
[ 5.775345] usb 1-1.3: Detected FT232RL
[ 5.873341] usb 1-1.3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
```

RE: Beagle bone Black to JeeLink - Added by LittleJim over 3 years ago

I’ll be honest I don’t understand the dmesg output. However /dev/USB00 exists. Screen however does not work. Also, my arduino plugged in also has no lights. Is it possible that the beagle bone does not have enough power to drive the arduino? (It’s a jeelink). However, if I pull the arduino OUT of the USB port, the /dev/USB00 driver goes away.

— david

sorry also, the dmesg output has no mention of FT232

RE: Beagle bone Black to JeeLink - Added by martynj over 3 years ago

@LittleJim,

Have you validated the JeeLink? Just plug into a PC USB port with the Arduino IDE running - the LED’s should blink and the device appear as a new entry under Tools/Serial Port as COMxx. Select that + Tools/Serial Monitor and the JeeLink will connect at 57600baud with a command menu display. Command 1l will turn on the blue LED for verification. Set 0q and you should see some junk packets prefaced with ? appear from time to time.
At this point, the JeeLink MPU and RF chip receiver are healthy, just transmit is not yet verified.

oh yes indeed thanks. Plugged into my laptop I have it running an app echo serial input back out

Hey guys. Any other suggestions? I’m still where I was, both devices work fine, just not with each other.

thx

RE: Beagle bone Black to JeeLink - Added by JohnO over 3 years ago

Can you post the serial output you are seeing when the Jeelink is connected to your laptop?

I’m not sure what you mean. If I am running the Arduino IDE, I see the output from my little test app, which is just an echo console. If I’m not, there is no output on terminal when I plug it in’

RE: Beagle bone Black to JeeLink - Added by JohnO-mobile over 3 years ago

I thought that you still had the rf12Demo code loaded into the jeelink. Since rf12Demo transmits a known stream on connection which I wanted to see.

(1-9/9)