Project

General

Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro

Added by cardre over 4 years ago

Hello,

Before trying to correct the following errors, has anyone else tried to correct them first? I’m using the latest git version of both the jeelabs hardware and jeelibs. Not that I think it makes a difference, but compiling on latest OS X 10.11.1 (El Capitan). Also downloaded latest hourly 1.6.7 build of Arduino to compare, same errors as 1.6.5 official. It seems quite a few things will need to be updated in the jeelabs hardware project to support ATtiny84 (JN Micro) on 1.6.x series.

Or has someone come up with another solution to compiling and uploading using the latest Arduino IDE versions?

Thanks.

Arduino: 1.6.7 Hourly Build 2015/11/09 04:20 (Mac OS X), Board: “JeeNode Micro”

/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/hardware” -hardware “/Users/cary/Library/Arduino15/packages” -hardware “/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware” -tools “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder” -tools “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr” -tools “/Users/cary/Library/Arduino15/packages” -built-in-libraries “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/libraries” -libraries “/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/libraries” -fqbn=jeelabs:avr:jnmicro -ide-version=10607 -build-path “/var/folders/s2/z5732gvx70z9cv3wb5kvdb680000gn/T/build9a50f215c2507e2b368c936e0065e773.tmp” -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose “/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/WA/ws1/ws1.ino”
/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/hardware” -hardware “/Users/cary/Library/Arduino15/packages” -hardware “/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware” -tools “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder” -tools “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr” -tools “/Users/cary/Library/Arduino15/packages” -built-in-libraries “/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v167hourly.app/Contents/Java/libraries” -libraries “/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/libraries” -fqbn=jeelabs:avr:jnmicro -ide-version=10607 -build-path “/var/folders/s2/z5732gvx70z9cv3wb5kvdb680000gn/T/build9a50f215c2507e2b368c936e0065e773.tmp” -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose “/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/WA/ws1/ws1.ino”
Warning: platform.txt from core ‘JeeLabs ARM Boards’ contains deprecated compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/, automatically converted to compiler.path={runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path}/bin/. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core ‘JeeLabs AVR Boards’ contains deprecated tools.avrdude.cmd.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.cmd.path={path}/bin/avrdude. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core ‘JeeLabs AVR Boards’ contains deprecated tools.avrdude.config.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf, automatically converted to tools.avrdude.config.path={path}/etc/avrdude.conf. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core ‘JeeLabs AVR Boards’ contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern=“{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}” {compiler.ar.flags} “{build.path}/{archive_file}” “{object_file}”, automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern=“{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}” {compiler.ar.flags} “{archive_file_path}” “{object_file}”. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core ‘JeeLabs AVR Boards’ contains deprecated recipe.c.combine.pattern=“{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}” {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -o “{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf” {object_files} “{build.path}/{archive_file}” “-L{build.path}” -lm, automatically converted to recipe.c.combine.pattern=“{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}” {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -o “{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf” {object_files} “{archive_file_path}” “-L{build.path}” -lm. Consider upgrading this core.
Board ArduPhone:avr:arduphone doesn’t define a ‘build.board’ preference. Auto-set to: AVR_ARDUPHONE
Board jeelabs:avr:jnmicro doesn’t define a ‘build.board’ preference. Auto-set to: AVR_JNMICRO
“avr-g+" -w -x c+ -M -MG -MP -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_JNMICRO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR ”-I/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny" “-I/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/variants/standard” “/var/folders/s2/z5732gvx70z9cv3wb5kvdb680000gn/T/build9a50f215c2507e2b368c936e0065e773.tmp/sketch/ws1.ino.cpp”
exec: avr-g++ executable file not found in \$PATH
Error compiling.

Replies (9)

RE: Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro - Added by jcw over 4 years ago

People seem to be hitting quite a few incompatibilities in IDE 1.6.6 (in other projects too, not just JeeLib) - my suggestion would be to switch back to 1.6.5 for now, and wait a bit until the Arduino team irons out some of the most problematic changes. After that I will take a look and see what needs to be done to make things work on something > 1.6.6 again.

RE: Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro - Added by cardre over 4 years ago

OK, will try 1.6.5 again and report back, but pretty sure the same errors were occurring (1.6.5r7) which is why I tried to get the latest version and see if it improved the situation.

RE: Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro - Added by JohnO over 4 years ago

I have difficulty with 1.6.5 r2 with Tiny and so I use 1.5.4 r2 for my Tiny builds.

RE: Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro - Added by cardre over 4 years ago

So 1.6.5 r5 is better, but still not working for JN Micro / ATtiny. It does actually invoke the compiler, but fails with another issue (see below)

Will have to go back to 1.5.x and see if that can still work with latest OS X.

Third-party platform.txt does not define compiler.path. Please report this to the third-party hardware maintainer.
Using library jeelib in folder: /Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/libraries/jeelib (legacy)
[SNIP]
/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny/pins_arduino.c -o /var/folders/s2/z5732gvx70z9cv3wb5kvdb680000gn/T/build866738744052300011.tmp/pins_arduino.c.o
/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v165r5.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc -c -g -Os -w -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -mmcu=attiny84 -DF_CPU=8000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -I/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny -I/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/variants/standard /Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny/WInterrupts.c -o /var/folders/s2/z5732gvx70z9cv3wb5kvdb680000gn/T/build866738744052300011.tmp/WInterrupts.c.o
In file included from /Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny/WConstants.h:1:0,
from /Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny/WInterrupts.c:36:
/Users/cary/Arduino/Arduino_v165r5.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/math.h:426:15: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘double’
extern double round (double _x)ATTR_CONST_;
^
/Users/cary/Projects/Arduino/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny/wiring.h:136:26: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘>=’ token
#define round(x) ((x)>=0?(long)((x)+0.5):(long)((x)–0.5))
^
Error compiling.

Ok, going back to 1.5.5 and everything is able to compile again. To program a JN Micro using a USBasp programmer though on OS X with I.5.5, I need to select a dummy ‘Port’ (I chose /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port.) The IDE wouldn’t even run avrdude unless some port that actually exists and was available, as it must do its own check before running avrdude. When using USBasp, this check is not needed though as avrdude actually looks through the USB devices looking for a USBAsp device.

Bottom line, to move past 1.5.5 with jeelib and jeelabs hardware with JN MIcro is going to need updates to support the new 1.6.x+ Arduino IDEs. Hopefully this is something that should be straightforward for jcw to do!

Thanks.

RE: Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro - Added by michael71 over 4 years ago

what attiny-lib are you using in the arduino-1.5.5 environment ?

thanks!

RE: Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro - Added by lightbulb over 4 years ago

@All,

For what its worth, I run Arduino 1.6.6> with this core set : http://highlowtech.org/?p=1695
and use ATTINT84@8Mhz for my JNu’s. mainly, sometimes @1mhz if I dont use RF initially.
I recompiled one a few days ago, so I know it works. (well on linux and osx/ml) as thats what i use.
I don’t use Jeelabs Arduino install, as I was using ATTINY84’s long before jeelabs released the JNu, and have mainly kept with hlt as time has gone by.
I use a slightly “fudged” branch of Jeelib (a few months old now) and i update every now and again.
So - it does work - with the right bits…
When I am back in project mode on Sunday afternoon, I’ll see if I can push that “specific” branch of jeelib out on the net somewhere.

—lightbulb.

RE: Arduino 1.6.5+ errors with platform.txt / JN Micro - Added by michael71 over 4 years ago

thanks, lightbulb!

a stripped-down version of the jeelib, which works with the attiny-core from “highlowtech”, would be very helpful.

I also tried the “RFM12B” lib from https://github.com/LowPowerLab/RFM12B - however, this lib also has errors when trying to compile for the ATtiny84.

—michael

When using 1.5.5, I’m able to use the jeelib version of the attiny-lib to work with the JN Micro. I do remember a compile error coming up though that (from memory) was a bug in one of the gcc-avr libraries. A quick Google search though was able to sort it out. So all back to being productive with 1.5.5, JN Micro, USBasp and OS X El Capitan. Would like to be able to work with the 1.6.6+ IDE though, but that’s going to require some work to make the jeelib and jeelabs hardware repos compatible. The changes to the Arduino 1.6.6+ IDE are breaking jcw’s stuff.

(1-9/9)