Project

General

(TinyTX) Attiny84 with Arduino IDE and JeeLIB

Added by muethos about 4 years ago

Hello togehter,
i have years ago worked with jeelib and the Arduino uno and JeeNodes.
Everything was fine.
Now i want to measure data in my house.
I have order TinyTX-Boards, RFM12B and Attiny84 to make the TinyTX-Nodes and send the Data over 433mhz to my raspberry with emoncms.

it takes many attempts to burn the Bootloader on the Attiny84. It was horror.
three Attinys now out of order 8-(

But now but now it can not go on again.
When i upload the blank sketch everything works fine. But i need Code and Libs as well.
There ist the problem.
either the IDE makes problems or the libs.
because the IDE don't have the gcc (i think i have fixed that problem)
And the Lib don't work with attiny84 without hardware serial.
I write so much because I just do not know where my problems lie
and it happens that I can express myself in English not so good
I need a working workspace but no matter what I do there is a problem which I do not get solved.

i have different Arduino IDEs installed, many versions of Boards and some versions of jeelib.

My setup:
Macbook Air with El Capitan
EvUSBasp
Attiny 84 with Bootloader intern 8mhz
With Arduino nightliy build i can upload sketches without use from libs

What can i do/try to make it work?
I think i need a lib for RFM12b that can run on a attiny84?
The next problem ist maybe the libs for DHT22.

is there someone how has this setup and can tell me what to do.

I'm working for more than one week only to transfer some data to the attiny.
I have not yet developed a line of code 8-(

Please help and sorry fpr my bad english i try my best.

Greets meuthos

Replies (31)

RE: (TinyTX) Attiny84 with Arduino IDE and JeeLIB - Added by muethos about 4 years ago

I'm probably a bit blind!
Now i have found it.

with your sketch:

Arduino: 1.5.4 (Mac OS X), Board: "JeeNode Micro"

/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr25/crttn84.o: In function `__vector_default':
(.vectors+0x2): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `__vector_1' defined in .text.__vector_1 section in core.a(WInterrupts.c.o)
/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr25/crttn84.o: In function `__vector_default':
(.vectors+0x16): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `__vector_11' defined in .text.__vector_11 section in core.a(wiring.c.o)
/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr25/crttn84.o:(.init9+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `main' defined in .text.main section in core.a(main.cpp.o)
/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr25/crttn84.o:(.init9+0x2): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `exit' defined in .fini9 section in /Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/avr25/libgcc.a(_exit.o)
DS18B20.cpp.o: In function `Port::anaRead() const':
/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/libraries/jeelib/Ports.h:116: relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `__mulhi3' defined in .text.libgcc section in /Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/avr25/libgcc.a(_mulhi3.o)
DS18B20.cpp.o: In function `readBatt':
/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/DS18B20.ino:122: relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `map(long, long, long, long, long)' defined in .text._Z3maplllll section in core.a(WMath.cpp.o)
core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny/main.cpp:7: relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `setup' defined in .text.setup section in DS18B20.cpp.o
/Users/MueThoS76/Desktop/arduino/Arduino 1.5.4/hardware/jeelabs/avr/cores/tiny/main.cpp:10: relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `loop' defined in .text.loop section in DS18B20.cpp.o

somehow I place myself at the moment something stupid

RE: (TinyTX) Attiny84 with Arduino IDE and JeeLIB - Added by JohnO about 4 years ago

Thanks for checking - we have seen this before and it is a horrid fix for the linker as I recall. I will look for it.

RE: (TinyTX) Attiny84 with Arduino IDE and JeeLIB - Added by muethos about 4 years ago

I'm really sad, matter what I do I can't find any solution to the problem 8.-(

i have found the solution!!! YES.

For everyone who look for it you can find it here:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=116674.msg881917#msg881917

RE: (TinyTX) Attiny84 with Arduino IDE and JeeLIB - Added by JohnO about 4 years ago

muethos well done.

@Martyn, perhaps we could add the above to Setting up a toolchain, MacOSX
http://jeelabs.org/book/1448a/
and
http://jeelabs.net/projects/hardware/wiki/JeeNode_Micro#Setting-up-the-Tool-Chain-on-OSX

It is quite surprising that this issue hasn't be properly resolved since 2012.

(26-31/31)