Project

General

A wake-up signal from RF message using RFM69CW

Added by sanb over 1 year ago

I recently came across the following post which apparently makes it possible to generate a wake-up signal (in this case for Ardunio) when a RF message arrives:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=198020.0

(scroll down to the the post by "jlettens").

I am beginning to work on a project which involves having a remote (battery power) receiver using RF69CW. And wondering if a similar solution exists (or possible) for RFM69 class radios.
An option to generate a wake-up signal when a RF message is detected (to wake up the MCU) would be most useful to increase battery life.

Regards

Replies (1)

RE: A wake-up signal from RF message using RFM69CW - Added by JohnO over 1 year ago

I think we have this covered already in Jeelib. The radio can sit in receive mode (16mA) waiting for a transmission and then wake up the MPU to process the packet.
16mA isn't trivial when using batteries. There are a few unexplored options to look at. Intermittently enabling the receiver but one would need to arrange for a sufficiently long pre-amble and sync pattern to have a chance that the radio was actually listening when the transmission occurred.

Sitting in receive is not a great idea on batteries.

(1-1/1)