Project

General

timed.fs and JZ4

Added by scjames about 2 years ago

Has anyone used the timed.fs module with the jeenode zero version 4? When i test a simple blink callback as demonstrated in jcw's weblog any words created or run after the timer is started cause the repl to lock up and i have to reset the micro.
The same timer run on stm32f103 works fine. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Replies (6)

RE: timed.fs and JZ4 - Added by jcw about 2 years ago

Hm, I remember an issue where timed confused with ram-vs-flash based words, but I thought it had been fixed by @tht.
Could you try defining the callback in flash and then defining more words (either ram or flash) - does that make any difference?

Edit 1: from memory, I think this was caused by how the multitasker works, not specifically timed itself.

Edit 2: so another thing to check is whether you've enabled the multitasker (maybe there's a difference in JNZ vs F103).

RE: timed.fs and JZ4 - Added by scjames about 2 years ago

Thanks, tried all of the above without success. Instead I tried running the callback using picocom (with reset line disconnected) and it works fine so must be a problem with folie 2.14 running on linux?
Weird how it doesn't seem to trouble the f103 although I am using the USB version for that.

problem with folie 2.14 running on linux?

Odd, I use that combination as well. I've added an issue on GitHub.

The USB build for F103 does lead to very different timings (all I/O is polled), perhaps the multi-tasker polling has an unforeseen effect.

Are you using a serplus?I've been using a usb serial adapter but about to make up a serplus to try to see if it makes a difference.

Yes, for the JNZ usually I use a SerPlus. Least hassle for me (MacOS woes are a big part of it).
But I have to add that it's been a while since I last did things with timed on JNZ.

Built a serplus but still seeing the same problem with freezing up when using timed.
So I tried installing and running e4thcom. Lo and behold it failed under e4thcom too. Went back and tried picocom again and it ran perfectly. Not sure if that helps but thought I would mention it.
Btw, using the multitasker itself doesn't cause any issues.

(1-6/6)