Project

General

Resolved: JeeLink v3c - RF12demo - Missing RF12demo.hex

Added by mimue 8 months ago

Hi jcw,

I received the device a few days ago ( thanks for the dutch sweet included ), it seemed to do what it was supposed to do, then I reprogrammed it with some other sketches using avrdude.

They seemed to work as well, if not with the results I desired. Now I am at a point where I am stuck.

I want to reinstall the RF12demo, alas there doesn’t seem to be a .hex file available.

Compiling from source with Arduiono IDE seems to work, including upload. Yet when connecting with the serial monitor, it just says [RF12demo.12] without the help screen, and will not react to whatever input.

What am I missing here ? I followed the advice from https://jeelabs.org/2013/02/03/dijn-02-the-arduino-ide/ imported the jeelib library, compiled, uploaded…

Any help or hint will be greatly appreciated.

mimue

Replies (4)

RE: JeeLink v3c - RF12demo - Missing RF12demo.hex / No luck compiling - Added by martynj 8 months ago

The JeeLink v3c uses the RFM69CW radio module. The demo program needs the following directive set at compile time to configure the drivers for this radio module rather than the legacy RFM12B module.
It's on the first page of the demo source.

#define RF69_COMPAT  1   // define this to use the RF69 driver i.s.o. RF12

Without this setting, the RF module initialisation fails and the code then loops - typically you get a few characters of the initial dialog displayed before the hang but no input accepted.

RE: JeeLink v3c - RF12demo - Missing RF12demo.hex / No luck compiling - Added by mimue 8 months ago

That was quick, martynj,

thank you.

But your'e not going to tell me, I am the first customer trying to compile and upload this piece of code ?

mimue

RE: JeeLink v3c - RF12demo - Missing RF12demo.hex / No luck compiling - Added by JohnO 8 months ago

I have compiled RF12demo a number of times without any problems.

Which version of Arduino are you using?
Have you downloaded the latest jeelib from the master branch?
Can you post the complete output of the Arduino compile and load?

I am running Arduino 1.6.12 and have been doing for a very long time.

RE: JeeLink v3c - RF12demo - Missing RF12demo.hex / No luck compiling - Added by mimue 8 months ago

JohnO, thanks for participating.

My "thank you" to martyn implies "it's working now" (I thought).

I did not have problems compiling and uploading, only communicating with the JeeLink. For the sake of others:

I am using Arduino 1.8.5 and the latest (Latest commit 3fbf362 on 28 May 2015) jeelib-master from https://github.com/jcw/jeelib for two days on a Windows10 Surface Book.

mimue

(1-4/4)